What is Wheel Locking?
Wheel locking is the ultimate method of control of unauthorized parking whereby the lot owner / lessee wishes not to be involved in the enforcement of parking regulations. LMS has seen up to a 90% decrease of illegal parking in their lots over the first 6 weeks on implementation of wheel locking
Upon an initial visit to your premises we will supply and display warning notices in prominent locations.
All signs clearly state that unauthorized parking will result in a locking action. A release fee will be charged for the release of the wheel lock. All warning signs have our company name, telephone number, release fee, and a warning that the lot is private property.
Our aim is to ensure that wheel locking isn't too stressful of an experience for the violator. After all, our behavior reflects directly on our clients. For this reason we regard the courtesy of our staff as paramount. We train them to respond diplomatically and politely, whatever the circumstances.
How it Works:
- LMS uses wheel locks constructed of high grade steel coated with rubberized plastic so they will not damage the violators vehicle in any way (As long as violator does not try to move vehicle while lock is on wheel or try to remove their wheel.)
- A weather proof window tag is placed on the driver side window informing the violator that.
- They are in violation of unauthorized parking on private property and have been wheel locked.
- Attempting to remove the wheel lock will result in larger fines and could possibly damage the vehicle.
- Any damage to said vehicle by trying to remove the lock or moving said vehicle will be at vehicle owner's expense.
- Fine for violation is to be in hand at the time enforcement officer shows up to remove wheel lock.
- A number to reach enforcement officer to remove wheel lock is provided.
- A receipt for payment of fine will be issued if asked for by violator.
- Every vehicle that is wheel locked has several digital photographs taken to confirm the date, time, location and the nature of the violation.
- When called to release a vehicle our enforcement officers will fully explain the reason why the immobilization has taken place, accept payment of the lock fee and issue a receipt if one is asked for by violator.